Tuesday 6 December 2011

Anticiapation Completed!!!

(Video distorts becuase of blogger) 

Generally this animation so far was the trickiest for me however I did enjoy the challenge of animating a jump. The reason why this task was difficult for me was because I am used to setting key frames on Maya and then the frames before will be handled by the software and in traditional animation I had to work out every single frame. If I had to do anything more for this task I will have gathered more research so when my I did my jump animation it would look better and I will have research to back it.

Next time I do a task that requires a jump or any kind of long distance movement I will carry out test animations so I can identify what frames need to be done in between the key frames so when I do the real animation it will look better. At the end of the animation I attempted to do a skid, and I thought that it did look good however with sound it isn’t as good plus I think it will look better if it was in perspective.

The principles that were used in this animation were anticipation, timing and spacing. Anticipation was used throughout the animation mostly at the beginning of the animation where the character jumps and swings its arm back to front because he is standing in a stop so a swing is necessary and so is bending the knees (as shown in the reference).  The spacing in my animation is decent up to a point on when the character jumps and in mid-air and looks like a couple of frames have been skipped, however the timing of the whole animation was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment